Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

I am barely into 2008 and I have already learned a very valuable lesson. At the top of my blog where it says "Next Post", I do not want to ever click on this again. A whole page of half naked women pop up and sex noises. I now have to start the new year feeling defiled. Ugh.

Happy New Year All!! The beginning of the year always gives me this feeling that anything is possible. Unfortunately, it is a feeling that is almost as fleeting as New Year's Day. I have lots of resolutions for the coming year. The first one was to stay home on New Year's Eve and enjoy myself-no perverts this isn't meant to be dirty! I made dinner which is like some kind of Guinness Book accomplishment and then I just hung out. I watched a movie and spent a great deal of time dancing around my living room. Strangely, I had a great time. It has been months since I just hung out at home with no goals! Okay, I can't lie, I got a little antsy and cleaned my linen closet in the middle of the evening. I have to be busy, I can't help it. And before you all feel sorry for me like everyone else that asked me to join their plans for New Year's, I really needed some alone time.

I think I digressed from resolutions. Oh yes, I have lots of resolutions. I am going to be more positive and productive. This may nearly kill me but I am going to try. I am going to learn restraint which may also kill me. Wow, 2008 is going to be trying. Most of all, I am going to stop loving someone who either doesn't care or is too stubborn to make a change. I am going to run more and try to have more fun!! Life is short, my friends are plentiful (fortuntately) and I don't really have it so bad. Thanks to M for her posts that reminded all of us that we can be total whiners and there are people out there to really admire. I am again thinking of TNT. There may have to be an event this year. I would also like more blog readers since I only have one.

The babble will now cease. Happy New Year to my ONE reader!!! One is better than none-see positivity is already overtaking me.

10 comments:

liz said...

you are such a great blogger, amy, why you don't do it more often amazes me.
i miss you so, i want to go visit, but we really have to talk.
2007 got better on dec. 23; 2008 is oh-so-great!!
love you lots, MUAH!

Motownrunner said...

i'm insulted. you have two readers.
you are either not counting me or not counting liz. so, who is it, huh???? huh????
i can identify with most of what you're saying. i think i have a couple of resolutions too. i will resolve to be more true to myself. for the love of god, i'm 37 years old. it's not like i'm a pimply teenager trying to figure out who they are...i'm going to run more. i ran today so yeah, you can clap now. i will also keep better track of my bills. i sometimes throw stuff in a drawer and forget. and yeah, that's not good. sigh. happy new year chica-D.

Motownrunner said...

btw, have you ever asked this guy what his deal is. maybe you can figure out what the problem is and you all can finally resolve it perhaps and like, get it over with already. bc why waste time?? but who am i to talk. ok, digressing again. it's sometimes hard to get off the 'it's all about me' mode. hasta la pasta, mrg

Amy said...

We do have to talk! I can only imagine what is going on!! I need details (well not all the details but some). Thanks for being such a faithful reader.

Amy said...

It can't be all about you M b/c it is truly all about me! I did not count you as a reader b/c you aren't as faithful a reader as Liz :) It isn't like I am saying anything amazing anyway.

I will not be talking to him. It is better this way. I did text him HNY but of course he didn't respond and I would probably be right if I assumed it was b/c I haven't answered his last few texts. Games. Ugh. We must talk soon.

Motownrunner said...

i was the one who told liz about your japan post!! i'm a more faithful reader!!!

btw, did i tell you that tim broke a rib? he tried to do a trick maneuver on some railings while skiing this weekend and he wiped out on his side and broke a rib. he's in a lot of pain and i'm getting a great workout lifting him around and plopping him down around the house.

Amy said...

"Plopping him around"? Now that is funny but not the part where he is in pain. That is awful. Sounds really painfu. Must talk soon.

liz said...

amy, it's time for a blog post.
it's time for margarita to post a blog.
it's time for me to post a blog.
what is going on with us?!

liz said...

um, can you blog something?

Motownrunner said...

i tagged you to follow the instructions on my blog. indulge me. :)