Thursday, August 30, 2007

Blog Overkill

That makes two in two days in the same month and week.............

I just had to share this with someone or everyone. I had a doctor's appt today at the ENT for my sinus issues that don't seem to be going away. The perky resident decided that maybe it wasn't a sinus issue (she was right, God love her). She tells me she will consult with the doctor (the one who has actually passed all the tests) but just in case, she wanted to numb my nose so he could have a look. This should have been my first clue. Then, she shoots some decongestant up my nose followed by some novicane (sp-give me a break, how often do I get to spell this word). The nurse walks in with this thing that looks like she is going to irrigate something. Very long tube attached to a looking device. I mention that looks like fun and she seems surprised that I did not have this done before. She then says, "oh, this is loads of fun". I can appreciate sarcasm, of course, but this is not looking good. My hot doctor walks in and proceeds to stuff this tube in my nose and half down my throat to have a look see. It was burning and painful and had to be done in both nostrils. A gaggle of residents fill the room (slight exaggeration) to also have a look see while I am advising that this is really "awful awful". Exact words I said. No aplogies. No concerns for me. Just a whole bunch of people learning from whatever was going on down there. I am totally fine physically but psychologically I have been marred. I was used for science and I am not even dead. I feel violated. And by the way, my nose hurts.

2 comments:

liz said...

Dude. My nose hurts now. I can't believe that they shoved those tubes down your nose/throat. I would have hit someone, hurled and passed out -- in that order!

Amy said...

I am probably exaggerating a bit but it was an uncomfortable burning feeling.